For the 33rd consecutive year, MIT was named the best graduate engineering school by US News & World Report. The publication’s just-released 2022 ranking of best graduate schools put the Institute first in 23 additional categories, and 45 other MIT schools, departments, and disciplines finished in the top 10.
The MIT School of Engineering has held the top spot since US News first released its graduate rankings in 1990. (The publication releases its corresponding rankings for undergraduate programs in the fall; MIT was top-ranked in 13 categories.)
This year, six other graduate disciplines within engineering were also ranked first.
- Aerospace/Aeronautical/Astronautical Engineering (tie)
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic/Communications Engineering (tie)
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Fifteen more schools, departments, and disciplines were also ranked first in the areas of biology, chemistry, economics, and physics.
- Biochemistry/Biophysics/Structural Biology
- Biological Sciences (tie)
- Business Analytics
- Computer Science (tie)
- Discrete Mathematics and Combinatorics
- Economics (tie)
- Genetics/Genomics/Bioinformatics (tie)
- International Economics (tie)
- Physics (tie)
- Programming Language
- Project Management
- Public Finance (tie)
- Systems (Computer Science)
- Theory (Computer Science)
Visit US News & World Report to learn about the other schools, departments, and disciplines that finished in the top 10, including the MIT Sloan School of Management, which was the fifth-ranked business school.