All spring, MIT is honoring its 1916 campus move from Boston to Cambridge. The centennial festivities have included symposia, concerts, and exhibitions that celebrate the deep relationship between MIT and Cambridge.
And this Saturday, April 23, everyone is invited to celebrate! MIT will open its doors to the world with the MIT Open House: Under the Dome, a free day-long event that will enlighten, inspire, and give a glimpse into the amazing things that happen every day on MIT campus.
All MIT alumni are invited to visit the Alumni Association’s Open House Headquarters, located at Morss Hall in Walker Memorial [map]. The Alumni HQ will feature more than a dozen activities, including prizes, MIT trivia, Brass Rat and Grad Rat polishing, and even liquid nitrogen ice cream. [Register for the Open House.]
The centrally-located Alumni HQ, open from 10:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m., will include day-long activities where you can pose in an MIT-themed photo booth, submit a Toast for this year’s Toast to Tech, learn about the MIT Annual Fund’s 75th anniversary, and send a Greetings from Cambridge postcard to friends and classmates.
- 10:00 a.m.– Noon: Explore activities and enjoy refreshments.
- 11:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.: Share memories in MIT Alumni’s video booth.
- 11:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.: Brass Rat and Grad Rat polishing.
- Noon–3:00 p.m.: Visit the Muddy Charles Pub (age 21 and over, cash only).
- 1:00–3:00 p.m.: Test your knowledge with MIT Alumni trivia.
- Slime! An Elementary Adventure in Polymer Science, 10:00 a.m., Walker Tent
- Deshpande Center Entrepreneurship and Innovation Showcase, 10:00 a.m.–noon, Bldg. E52, Samberg Conference Center
- Making Makers: Build Cool Stuff, 11:00 a.m., Bldg. 3, room 122
- The Role of Mathematics in the Real World, noon, Bldg. 2, room 190
- The Center for Ultracold Atoms, 1:00 p.m., Bldg. 26, room 210
- Media Lab Open Technology Day, 10:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m., Media Lab, Bldg. E14