US News Grad Rankings: MIT No. 1 for Engineering, Computer Science, and More
Slice of MIT
MIT was named the best graduate engineering school by US News & World Report, according to the publication’s 2023 ranking of best graduate schools—a position it has held since 1990, when the magazine began ranking such programs.
In addition, MIT’s chemistry, computer science, economics (tie), and mathematics (tie) programs were also ranked No. 1, as well as six individual engineering disciplines:
- Best Graduate Aerospace/Aeronautical/Astronautical Engineering Program
- Best Graduate Chemical Engineering Program
- Best Graduate Computer Engineering Program
- Best Graduate Electrical/Electronic/Communications Engineering Program (tie)
- Best Graduate Materials Engineering Program
- Best Graduate Mechanical Engineering Program
The MIT Sloan School of Management also ranked high, occupying the No. 5 position for the best graduate business programs (tie). In the rankings of individual MBA specialties, MIT placed first in four areas:
- Best Business Analytics MBA Programs
- Best Information Systems Programs
- Best Production/Operations Programs
- Best Project Management MBA Programs
View US News 2023 rankings for MIT graduate schools and programs.
The magazine bases its rankings of graduate schools of engineering and business on two types of data: reputational surveys of deans and other academic officials, and statistical indicators that measure the quality of a school’s faculty, research, and students.
The US News & World Report rankings come on the heels of the annual world university rankings released by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS), which has ranked MIT as the No. 1 university in the world for 10 straight years.
Photo: Gretchen Ertl.
Mon, 04/11/2022 9:30am