MIT’s Most Stylish: 2013 Edition

by Jay London on March 14, 2013

in Alumni Life, Design, In the News, Modern Geekhood

It’s official: MIT is a pretty stylish place. For the second year a row, The Boston Globe named two MITers among the 25 Most Stylish Bostonians: Jessica Rosenkrantz ’05 and School of Architecture + Planning Dean Adèle Naudé Santos.

Jessica Rosenkrantz ’05
(Image: n-e-r-v-o-u-s.com)

The eighth annual list, compiled by The Globe’s Style Magazine staff, aims to pinpoint Greater Boston’s chic elite. Honorees are chosen based on a non-scientific method of “staring at people at parties, gossiping with hairdressers, and asking previous Most Stylish Bostonians.”

Rosenkrantz and Jesse Louis-Rosenberg ’08 founded Nervous System, a design studio that uses computer simulation to create art and jewelry based on patterns and processes found in nature.

“My background is in biology and architecture, and while I appreciate fashion, I never thought I would be in the industry. We write software that generates designs, and jewelry is a convenient way to monetize our work.”

Adele Naude Santos

According to The Globe, Naudé Santos takes the same approach to solving design problems as she does to choosing a wardrobe: practical and pragmatic.

“I really believe in timeless style so that there’s no date on it. I never attempt to be fashionable in the true sense of the word. The clothes I buy I can wear for 20 years. I can just recycle them.”

Rosenkrantz and Naudé Santos are at least the seventh and eighth MITers to be named among Boston’s most stylish. Past honorees include:

Are there more MITers who deserve mention among the Hub’s most stylish? It’s not too early to nominate someone for a spot in 2014.

Related: MIT’s Most Stylish—2012 Edition

{ 0 comments… add one now }